The Thunderbird 1110 Drill Optimization sets a new industry standard for blast hole drill guidance and monitoring.
Thunderbird 1110 is available with StrataSense, real-time capture and display of the Rock Hardness Index, enabling modified blast hole explosives loading for better fragmentation and reduced costs. Thunderbird 1110 has been developed from a ground-up design process by the team that pioneered the development of the first drill monitoring and GPS navigation systems.
This experience has allowed the team to design a leading system with many world-first unique features that provide its operators with a higher rate of return on their investment. With Thunderbird 1110 you’re equipped for more accurate blasting—reducing the loss of ore, improved fragmentation, and lower blasting costs.
- Advanced drill monitoring and logging
- Angle drilling applications
- Unique operator safety warnings for “no entry” or danger zones
- Augmented GPS option provides for more drilling time
- Easy translation of display to multiple languages
- Enhanced add-ons: PDA, Health Monitoring, Strata Recognition, Remote Tramming
- Unparalleled internet support
- Backbone for remote and autonomous drilling
- Displays bench terrain and contours
Precision Data Collection and Real-time Reporting
- Rock hardness data delivered in real-time
- High resolution rock hardness down to 10cm intervals
- Precision Data collection and Real-time rock knowledge
- 3D visualization of rock hardness data
- Enables optimized hole loading and better fragmentation